Monday, August 6, 2007

My Heart Hurts...



This is a post I wish I never had occasion to write.


I regret to say that Ellen is dying...





The cancer is growing, and she is preparing for her journey to the next world, her loving husband Curtis by her side.


There is so much love for Ellen in our family. Our meeting was a chance thing, on the internet, she in Winnipeg and us in San Diego, and my son Steven was the connection, both with cancer.





We were blessed to meet her and her husband Curtis in 2005 when we traveled to Winnipeg for Steven's Make-A-Wish trip.


I am now and will forever be grateful for that opportunity.


Ellen, kind soul that she is, arranged for us to see the Winnipeg Bears On Broadway exhibit after the bears had already been put away for the winter. A woman who works for her financial planner picked us up at the airport and took care of us after our luggage failed to show up, buying us clothes to tide us over for our train ride through the frozen tundra.


My heart hurts to think of cancer robbing us of yet another loved one. Such a generous, loving soul, the world is a better place that she is here.


I arrived home late last night with Steven and Sean after having been in Oregon on vacation for two weeks.





Waiting for me was the most beautiful card and necklace from Ellen (pictured above, click to make bigger). Hanging from the chain is a silver origami crane.


Ellen, we all love you so much.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Earthling...

When our eternal soul leaves our body at death
and we wiseabove to meet our Maker,
only four, last things remain:
death, judgement, Heaven or Hell
according to the deeds WEE mortals
have done in our Finite Existence.

PS° I'm a re-boot NDE:
if you're RIGHT,
you'll see the LIGHT -
follow that to the Elysian Fields.
Let's be tethered2forever Upstairs.

Find-out what RCIA means and join.
Make Your Choice -SAW